Friday, February 12, 2016

Loreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (REVIEW)

Hey everyone! I want to take a minute and thank you guys for always taking some time out of your day to come by and read my blog it means a lot to me thank you. Today I am going to be doing a review on a new product that as been out in the drugstores for a couple of weeks now I believe. Its the Loreal True Match Cushion Foundation. Without saying anymore lets get started on the review.
Here is a picture of what the product looks like from the outside. I am in the color W2 which I believe is the second to lightest color they have, by the way there color selection as a great wide variety. I bought mine at my local CVS it cost $16.99. My first thoughts when I used this foundation for the first time was wow this as some great coverage and it builds up really nice without leaving my face looking cakey. This product does come with a sponge of its own. I did use the sponge that it came with to see if I like how it applied the foundation. 

My thoughts on the sponge is that it works fine does a nice job on applying the foundation.  Gives my face the coverage I want and I can build it up with out it looking over done. Now this product gives a very dewy finish to the face (hens the name of the foundation). That worried me at first since my skin is all over the place meaning that some days its really oily and other days its very dry and any product I put on it will attach to my dry patches. I was uttering surprised since when first applying this foundation I didn't bother putting on setting powder after applying it, and it stayed on my face all day. Without getting oily or shiny. It also didn't oxidized into a weird color or do anything odd.

After not using any setting powder the first time. I wanted to see if it would give me the same results if i were to use a setting powder after applying it. That's what I did and it did give me the same results. I didn't get oily or shiny thru out the day. The foundation stayed on my face all day until I washed it off. Again it didn't oxidized or do anything weird. The only downfall I saw when I used a setting powder was that the powder that I was using to set everything it kinda rubbed off a little bit of foundation off my checks. That could also be my powder but still not sure why it did that. For anyone wondering yes I am still using the sponge that the product came with. Overall I like both ways with a setting powder or without a setting powder. Expect that weird thing where it rubbed some founadtion off my cheeks.
Here a picture of what this product looks like inside. All you have to do to get to the foundation is take any type of sponge you want and just tap on the cushion and the foundation will come off on the sponge. Just a helpful hint when you are done using this make sure you really close the lid tight, if you don't the foundation will dry up and then you just have to throw out.

Since I do own a beauty blender you guys know I had to see how this foundation would apply by using the beauty blender. Now this foundation didn't say anything about not using any type of wet sponge so I don't think it is a problem. This foundation applied very smooth with the beauty blender. Same coverage but just a little more since the beauty blender tends to always give me more cover then a regular sponge that is dry.

The only downfall I saw using the beauty blender with this product is that with or without a setting powder, I felt like it did get a little oily and shiny around my t zone thru out the day. Not sure if its because the beauty blender is wet and it doesn't set right or because I was in a very warm Starbucks drinking hot coffee. (lol) If I had to pick which tool I liked better using with this foundation. I would have to say the sponge that came with this foundation. And I hate to say that because I normally hate the finish that those sponges give me but in this case it won.

My finally thoughts on this product is that I really have been enjoying using this foundation. I would 100% percent recommend this foundation to anyone who wants to give it a try. The only thing I would say is that I don't recommend anyone trying to use a makeup brush to apply this with.

That's all for this review on the Loreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation. I know this was a long post but I just had so much to say about this product. Hope you guys enjoyed it anyway and found it helpful and maybe made your decision easier on weather or not if you were going to get this item for yourself. Let me know in the comments below if you have tried this foundation and what were your thoughts on it did you like it or, if you were thinking of getting it ? As always talk to guys soon.



3 comments:

  1. I haven't try this foundation, but I love L'oriel product and I am sure this one would be good also, and is 100% recommended by you. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't try this foundation, but I love L'oriel product and I am sure this one would be good also, and is 100% recommended by you. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try this! Thanks for sharing! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog, Make sure you are following my blog to know when new post come out. Thank again for all of the support.