Friday, January 27, 2017

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water ( REVIEW | GIMMICKY???)


Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well. Today I want to share my thoughts on a product that I thought was so gimmicky and fake. That is the Smashbox Photo Primer Water. I bought this item on a whim just to see what was all the hype was about since I have heard a lot about this product in the beauty community. This bottle comes in two different sizes. The size that I have is the 1.0 oz bottle. The other size bottle that this product comes in is the 3.9 oz. bottle. There is a price difference in the two bottles the bigger one cost ($32.00) and the smaller bottle cost ($16.00), so it all depends on how much you would like to spend. 

This primer water is lightweight, fast absorbing on the skin. Which is always a great thing to see out of a primer. This product also dries really fast on the face. A other big plus with me. This product as a fine mist to it, but the spray thing it self was a little difficult to work with at the beginning it wouldn't spray the product evenly on the face, I don't have that problem anymore that was just a little annoying thing to have to deal with this item.   

The smashbox photo finish primer water as a very strong scent to me smells like green tea. Not sure yet if I am digging the scent to this item. The plus side is that the scent doesn't last long after applying the product. I like that this a oil free primer. 

My face makeup and concealer does apply a lot smoother and easier when I do use this product, the only face product that I find that doesn't really work with this primer is my Clinique BB Cream I found that the bb cream would start making a little tiny balls on my face, then again it could have been the brush I used to apply the bb cream. I use this product again with the the Clinique BB Cream and I didn't have that problem anymore.

I did stop using the Smashbox Photo Finish to see if I would see a difference in my skin. Surprisingly I did I really thought I wouldn't, I found when I don't use this primer I see a lot more of my skin texture thru my makeup. Which I honestly didn't think I would see when not using this item. 

Here are two a little things that I noticed and really enjoy about this product. First thing is that the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water adds an extra bit of hydration to the skin, which is always a great thing since I do have dry skin. Second I like the idea of using a spray as a primer since I can get very lazy when it comes down to my beauty routine. (haha). Here is a little fun tip that saw when I opened the box of this item and thought I would share with it with you guys. If you put this item in the fridge it will give this product more of a cold refreshing mist to your face. 

The two downfalls that I have with this item is that it won't even out my skin tone and its not a two in a one product, meaning that I can't set and prime my skin. I only can prime my face. Overall good product now that I reread this review I do see that there is more pros then cons against this product. This is one product that I didn't have really high hopes for but at the end it really surprised me.

That's all for this review on the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water. Hope you guys enjoyed this post, and maybe found it helpful. Please let me know in a comment below if you guys have tried out this product and what were your thoughts on it? I would love to know your guys feed back. As always talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog, Make sure you are following my blog to know when new post come out. Thank again for all of the support.