Friday, May 5, 2017

FAVORITE NEW MASCARA ?!?!? | MAYBELLINE THE COLOSSAL BIG SHOT


Hey everyone hope you are doing well and had a great week. Today's post I want to share my thoughts on a mascara that I have been using for a couple weeks now and have written down a few things about it that I would like to share with you guys and get your feedback also on what were your thoughts on this product were or if you have tried out this maraca already. First thing I want to say this mascara cost ($8.49) which is not a bad deal not all, I got this item at CVS if anyone of you guys were wondering. Let's start off this review on a positive note, I found that this mascara applies to the lashes pretty easy doesn't clump up much when applying but you definitely have to take your time applying this and work with it a little to get what you want from this mascara.

With that beginning said I also think that this mascara is not the best when it comes to building it up, I just found that after just applying one coat of this product to my lashes they look fine but its when you start trying to add a second coat is when I noticed that this mascara started getting clumpy and looking spidery.  A tip that I have learned from using this product is that if you do want a second coat of this mascara you have to apply it when its still wet on your lashes, if you wait until the first coat dries you are going to find that your lashes look spidery and very clump together. 

On the plus side this mascara gave my lashes lot and I mean a lot of length to my lashes, which is a awesome thing to find in a product since I have more short stick out straight lashes it also gave me some good amount of volume to them but not as much as it did with length, this item did a good job separating my lashes that's if I took my time with this product. This mascara gave my lashes a very pretty wispy look to them. Let's talk about the brush on this mascara for a second. This a very full brush with medium sized brittle's to it, I thought the brush was good not to big or to small. I found this mascara is on the more wet side but I have found that this product does start to dry out a bit once using it for a couple of days. It did transfer product onto the lids when applying it since it is so wet when first using this  mascara, to me that is just a little annoying.   

I love that this mascara doesn't flake or smudge off thru out the day, I have worn this mascara in really hot weather and it still stayed on with out flaky or smudge off. I also love that the volume and length you get when you first apply this doesn't fall out thru out the day. The only real big down fall I have with this product is that when it comes time to take off this mascara its not so easy maybe it as to do with the fact this mascara is waterproof. All I know I have the hardest time trying to get this mascara off my lashes, I have found that a regular makeup wipe remover doesn't do anything won't even take a little bit off. You need to have a eye makeup remover that you know will take off waterproof mascara but even with that I still found my self rubbing at eyes to get this item off. If you guys have any products that you swear by that takes off waterproof mascara really easy let me know in a comment below.

Overall thoughts on this product its a good mascara love the way my lashes look after and that this mascara wont smudge or flake off thru out the day. Then again I was not happy that you really had to work with this item to not get clumps and the spidery lashes and the amount of product that transfer onto your lids while apply this mascara. With that all begin said I am on the fence about this product not sure if I would repurchases this again. Is this my favorite mascara? I have to say no its not.

That's all for this review on the maybelline the colossal big shot mascara. Hope you guys enjoyed this post and maybe found it helpful in some way. In a comment below let me know if you have tried out this mascara before and what were your thoughts on it did you like it? I love hearing your guys feedback on beauty items. As always talk to you guys soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.